Monday, March 31, 2008

24 of 30 Days of Freebies



Hi gang, hope everyone had a great weekend. I think I finally got my computer set up with all the programs I want, now I've just got to find the software for my camera dock and my wacom tablet, which is much easier said than done.

I took a PC break for most of the day today and worked on laundry (no, it still isn't done yet) but we rented 7 movies yesterday and I tend to forget laundry is going when we pop in a movie. We just finished watching Beowolf...I did NOT know the damn thing was animated. The kids were already in bed and it felt weird for hubby and I to be by ourselves watching an animated movie. It was even weirder when I started drooling over Beowolf's naked animated ass. Hubby and I caught ourselves asking every few minutes, was that in the original story? I swear I don't remember most of that stuff, I don't even remember Grendel having a mother LOL. That's all I'm saying....you're just gonna have to watch it yourselves.

We had to go to my grandfather's house this morning and help sort through some things to be given away. They only had 2 kids...my dad and my aunt. My dad doesn't really want anything in there because they always go out and buy something when they need it, but my mom and aunt are an entirely different story. Every time Mom walks in that house she leaves with a truck load of stuff, trying to get it out before my aunt catches her. She acts like she's waited her entire life for my grandparents to pass away so she can get her hands on their things. And my parents are not, by any means, underpriviledged. There are 2 antique cherry bedroom suites and the dining room set is very old as well, and my aunt wants them all. So what does mom do? She made dad go out last night all the way to Huntsville and special ordered a very expensive new dining room suit. It makes me feel terrible every time I go over there...I left there in tears today biting my tongue to keep from saying anything and putting Dad in a worse position than he's already in. It's terrible to lose a loved one, but it's even worse to watch people who had been close to them use their deaths for their own personal gain. I guess I'm just not ready yet to see the things being carried away from a home that I grew up in on the weekends and through the summers. It does have to be cleaned out though...hubby and I are thinking about buying the house. It would be a HUGE commitment though. The house we live in now is paid for, so we'd have another house payment, but I just can't stand the thought of anyone else living there unless it's family. So maybe it's just me being selfish...I'm not ready for anything to change yet. My grandparents have lived in that house since my dad was born, and it's just always been theirs. Same docorations on the walls, mostly the same furniture except sofas and things that have to be replaced ocassionally. Losing my grandfather and watching them paw over his things has me missing my grandmother all over again as well. I try to stay away and let them do what they need to do, but then I feel bad for not helping them when I know it's a lot of work. But this is killing me...I really don't know how people hold up when it comes time to give everything away.

Anyway, on to a happier subject. Today's freebie is the tag set you see above, and tomorrow (I think) we start on papers, finally! The tag set isn't much, it was originally intended to be an IM stat set, but I didn't keep IM that long because I just couldn't go without my AOL (and why have both?). But I wasn't very good at making them anyway, and I needed one more freebie for this kit, so this is what you get...LOL. Hopefully someone can use it, maybe to make me a tag or something? LMAO

You can grab today's freebie on Rapidshare or on 4Shared. Please leave a comment if you snag :)

Hugs!
Kitty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for today's gift.

I really feel sorry for you and understand what you're going thru. This kind of situation seems to bring out the very worse behavior in some people.

Aunt Anne

Kim Sandling said...

I'm sorry that things are hard with your grandparents home and things. When my grandma died I felt the same way about her home. It's always been there, always open, filled with love and now it is owned by someone else, with no ties to grandma. Plus, to make matters worse by dad no longer speaks to my aunts and uncles. I am glad you are wanting to remember your grandparents for their love and not their stuff. I hope you are able to purchase the home if possible. That is a special memory to hold. Thank you for this great freebie! Take care!